Solarmeter® Model 8.0-RP UVC Meter With Remote Probe
- 2-3 Week Lead Time
- Remote Probe with 3-foot / 0.91 meter Cable
- Compact, Handheld, and Durable
- Simple Single-Button Operation
- NIST Traceable Accuracy
- LCD Display
- Made In USA
- Monitoring UVC Germicidal Lamp Intensity & Aging
- Testing Eyewear UVC Blocking Capabilities
- Measuring Germicidal Lamp Fixture Leakage
- Additional information
This meter is used to measure exact intensity. If you are looking to measure dose, please visit here.
|Irradiation Range||0-1999 µW/cm² UVC|
|Response||254 ± 8 nm|
|Conversion Rate||3.0 Readings/Sec|
|Display||3.5 Digit LCD|
|Digit Size||0.4 (in) / 10.2 (mm) high|
|Operational Temperature||32°F to100°F / 0°C to 37.8°C|
|Operational Humidity||5% to 90% RH|
|Remote Probe Dimensions
||0.8H x 1.6D (in) / 20.3H x 40.6D (mm)|
|Weight||4.5 (oz) / 128 (g) Including Battery|
|Power Source||9-Volt DC Battery|
|Agency Approval||CE Mark|
Photodiode packaged in hermetically sealed UV glass window cap.
To operate your Solarmeter, aim the sensor window located on the top panel of the meter directly at a UV source. Press and hold the push-button switch on the face of the meter. For best results take note of the distance the reading was taken from the UV source in order to ensure repeatable results. Battery operation voltage is viable from 9V down to 6.5V. Below 6.5V, the numbers on the LCD display will begin to dim, indicating the need for battery replacement. Under typical service load, a standard 9V battery will last approximately 2 years.
Proper Usage of Solarmeter® Ultraviolet Radiometer for Lamp Tests
- Wear UV-block eye, face, hand protection when checking UVC lamps.
- Allow lamps to warm-up prior to taking readings (at least 5 min).
- Hold sensor close to lamp to measure individual lamp UVC intensity. Hold sensor at distance from lamp(s) for effective sterilization intensity.
- When checking aging of lamps, keep measuring distance and locations constant.
- Lamps should be replaced when output drops to about 70% of their original (new) readings.
- If unsure of what original new values were, replace a lamp with new one and compare old one.
- Do not subject the meter to extremes in temperature, humidity, shock or dust.
- Use a dry, soft cloth to clean the intrument. Keep sensor free of oil, dirt, etc.
|Dimensions||7 × 3.5 × 2.5 in|